Sunday 20 May 2012

Time to PANIC!!!!

So there's a week to go to M-day! This time next week I will be pounding the streets of Edinburgh, chugging through the 26.2miles to (hopefully) the finish line! Feeling a mixture of excitement (?!?!), nervousness and fear but overall I can't wait to get it over and done with! For weeks, months really, I've been thinking about the day and worrying that I won't get enough training in etc, but now the training is done and all I have to do is turn up at the right place and the right time and keep my fingers crossed that my legs comply and the weather is kind to us!

I ran yesterday for the first time in a week having rested all week due to the pain in my calves / shins. My leg hurt for the whole 8 miles and isn't too pleased with me today so will hope that it forgives me by next week otherwise it could be a loooong day! Panicking abit about what's wrong with it but all I can do now is hope that it will be fine!



My race pack has arrived so it's all official now! Bit gutted that I'm in a different start zone to my friends - don't fancy running all that way by myself and with no music..... but hopefully we will get something sorted! Seven sleeps to go.... better get carb loading (surely the best part of marathon training)!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment